Thursday, November 8, 2012

Some Recent Art Work! (aka hey look at me!)

This is my "Hey look at me" post so please humor me! I haven't really shared any art projects that I've done since I've been back since Italy but if you think that means I haven't done much then you don't know me very well ;) 


So without further ado here is some projects that I've done lately!






A Thomas the Train cake for Collins' second birthday!





Reversible bubble skirts for Dagny and Lydia! The pattern is from Lil Blue Boo and fun fact - the purple and yellow plaid fabric is from a sarong from Lauren and Patrick's honeymoon :)





Dad helped me build this faux wooden pallet and I painted the quote from The Help on it for Jani and my "friend-aversary" 





Obviously from this summer but this is what happens when people let me draw on their chalkboards!




I used one of Collins' John John patterns to make this for his birthday! The cuff at the bottom is made from an old tie.





I LOVE how this dress for my friend's daughter turned out. I altered this Oliver + S pattern and the fabric is just from Jo Ann's!




Only slightly sketchy pictures ;) I was supposed to have this needlepoint belt made for Michael's graduation...but that didn't happen. Finished it up during my Italy trip!





And speaking of needlepoint...here's the belt I'm working on for myself. One day I'll finish it!





Another name art...started a last year for Brittany's birthday but I finally finished it up for her this year. (One day I will get them up on my Etsy site...when I finally get my Etsy site back up in the first place...)






Just some quick hair bows for Dagny and Lydia for Halloween!




I was workout Barbie for Halloween and I needed pink sparkly shoes so why not make my own?? Basically you just Modge Podge the shoes, sprinkle glitter on top, and seal them when they dry. Unfortunately, I somehow picked the cheapest shoes from the thrift store and the bottom of my shoes literally disintegrated but they looked good for the night!





Completed another thing off my 2012 list - learn to smock! I'm currently working on a Christmas insert for some overalls for Collins...don't have much done though :)





Just some proof that I actually do school work. These are some gray scale renderings that I've done throughout the semester. It's just pen with marker on top.





This was another finger painting that I did in my art journal. The tutorial/inspiration was from Alisa Burke.




This is what I actually do during lecture classes :) Anyone picking up that I love song lyrics?





I was trying to use up some fabric scraps that I had so these pants were born for Dagny's 4th birthday! The pattern is from Oliver + S (they seriously have the best patterns!)





And last but not least...made these brownies for our election party on Tuesday. No comments on the results but the brownies turned out well. All I did was trace the designs on a small piece of cardstock then cut that out with an exact-o to make my own stencil. You just put that on the brownie then sprinkle powdered sugar on top!



Hope you all enjoyed my mini art show :)




P.S. Has anyone seen the other half of this blog?? I'm declaring her MIA! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment