Saturday, July 6, 2013

Super Online Sewing Bee Audition

Well...this is putting myself out there a little bit! Sew Mama Sew is hosting a sewing contest called the Super Online Sewing Bee and I'm entering :) I'm sure it would be a long shot for me to be accepted as one of the 10 contestants but who knows! You can read about the details of the contest here. It actually has been kind of fun going back through all of my sewing and trying to pick my best work as examples. I sent an e-mail with my application but I'm posting my audition pictures here as well. 

Without further ado...my sewing portfolio!

I made this dress for my sister's birthday and her Junior Ring Ceremony. She was playing tennis during this shoot but don't I have the most beautiful stand-in model?? (Store bought pattern)



Short alls for Collin's birthday. I monogrammed the "M" and used a tie for the bottom cuffs. (Self drafted pattern)



This was a gift for a friend's niece. I had so much fun with the fabric pairing. It's made out of knit fabric...perfect for kids! (Lil Blue Boo dress pattern)



Linen tunic with cotton accents. You have to love the Santa hat in the summer! (Made by Rae Tunic Pattern)



Simple cotton bodice with beautiful lines paired with a seersucker skirt. (Store bought pattern)



I saw a dress like this on Pinterest and thought it was so fun! This one is made out of flannel for a winter layering jumper (Self drafted pattern)



I was trying to destash my fabric and wound up quilting these capri pants. I'm such a fan of pattern on pattern! (Oliver + S pattern)



Orange skirt made for football games! I'm love how the big bow looks. Again...I have the most beautiful friends! :) (Store bought pattern)



Probably one of my proudest achievements. My first smocked insert finished in time for a Christmas outfit for Collins. (Self drafted pattern)



"Coffee Sack" dress made out an old men's shirt. The letters were hand painted on. (Store bought pattern)



Love this one too! Another shorts-all for Collins (Oliver + S Pattern)



Well that's all for now guys! Wish me luck in entering and if nothing else I can "play along" with the competition which should be fun too!




xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment