Monday, September 10, 2012

Jar O' Encouragement


Before I left for Madrid for this semester, I decided that I wanted to do something for JJ, my boyfriend, to encourage him while I cannot physically be there for him. I wanted to do something that when he needed a pick-me-up would push him directly back into the loving arms of our Lord. Words are very important to me and carry a lot of meaning, so I decided to do something for him that could dictate what I may or may not be able to tell him while I am away.

This is what I came up with: Jar o’ Encouragement




It was simple to make, but carries so much meaning! First thing I did was choose a theme verse which is, 1 Thessalonians 5:11: “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.” I based all my notes around this verse and used it as my goal for each note! I wanted to make it even more personal, so I went to Hobby Lobby and went sticker-crazy picking some fun ones that would make JJ laugh.




The other thing I love about the jar is that when I gave it to JJ, he laughed and then pulled out this:




He made me a Box o' Encouragement! God totally merged our brains together in a way that would bring both of us closer to Himself. For the past week that I have been in Spain, these jars and notes have been so encouraging for both of us! God has used it to bring smiles, peace, laughter, and show His love and faithfulness. I can’t wait to see what other gifts God brings through this little jar!

Could you bless someone in your life by encouraging them and reminding them of God’s beautiful, unchanging love for them? Who comes to mind? What’s stopping you?

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment